Posted On: 2022-05-09 05:13 AM
We all love to have a good snack while we are working, watching a movie or just chilling. Snacking on items that are tasty and healthy is a win-win. Speaking of healthy, we all have heard of veganism and vegan diets. The most general definition of veganism is a lifestyle that avoids animal products and cruelty towards animals as much as possible, especially in the diet.
The vegan diet has been subject to concerns and conspiracy regarding health, but the truth is the vegan diet is definitely healthy in most aspects. Let's dive deep into the health benefits of the vegan diet.
A large portion of vegan diets is typically taken up by Whole grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Beans. Seeds and Peas. So, your body will be taking in rich sources of Vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Potassium, Magnesium, Fiber and Folate. However vegan diets must be planned properly under that guidance of an expert/ nutritionist. Not all vegan diets are equal so a poorly planned diet may not provide you sufficient nutrients like calcium, Vitamin B12, iodine, niacin, zinc and riboflavin.
Benefits of Vegan Diet:
A well-planned vegan diet can help in:
● Lose Weight: Vegan diet are high in nutrients and low in calories. Products like Soy, Almond milk and broccoli help Weight loss.
● Control Blood sugar levels: Plant based protein like chia, soy, peas and nuts help in slowing down the digestion process and promote blood sugar level regulation.
● Improve Kidney Health: Soy products, Beans, Nuts, and grains help in keeping your kidneys in shape.
● Control Cholesterol levels: Fruits, Vegetables, seeds very nutritious but low on calories, which helps you bring down your cholesterol levels.
● Protects you against certain types of cancer, such as Colon cancer: fruits, beans, vegetables, nut, and grains that is Low-methionine foods protects you against certain cancers. They also help in making chemotherapy and radiotherapy more effective.
● Can relief arthritis pain: Raspberries, green peas, barley, whole-wheat spaghetti, black beans help in relieving pain caused by arthritis.
● Reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes: As mentioned before vegan diet is low on calories and helps regulation of blood sugar levels which helps preventing heart diseases and diabetes.
Snacking can be healthy and vegan, snacks like banana chips, coated peanuts, check peas and different fibrous crackers made millet and ragi are very healthy. Other vegan snacking option is nuts but keep the quantity in check (as few nuts are high on cholesterol). A lot of Indian dishes can be categorized as vegan too such as, Idly, Poha, Sabhudana, Bhajiya and many more. These dishes are stomach filling and healthy. While these dishes are tasty and healthy you need to keep in check if the raw ingredients are good quality and credibly vegan. Making few of these dishes might also take effort and time. Well, you can skip that hard work and rely on Mirchi.com which is trustful and credible site. It not only provides with snacks but also vegan bakery and beverages products. It offers a Wide variety of vegan friendly snacks and food mix like:
● Sauces and dips
● Instant food mix
and much more…which are healthy and tasty. Snack healthy, Stay healthy.